Prehistoric Period with Most Probable questions for Railway and SSC and other competitive examination.
Today we are providing a brief study note on the prehistoric period with some frequently asked questions from this topic in various SSC, Railway and other competitive examination of state government as well as central government examination. Here we have compiled some important prehistoric questions which were asked in various SSC and Railway Examinations. If you like this post please share with your friends also if you have any doubt regarding this article please comment below.
The Prehistoric period can be classified as:
- Paleolithic age: Old stone age(BC 10000 years ago)
- Neolithic age: New stone age (BC 10000-BC 4000)
- Chalcolithic age: Copper stone age (BC 3000-BC 1500)
- Iron age: BC 1500-BC 600.
- They were nomad and lived in the jungle.
- Caves, holes, and branches of trees were taken as shelter
- They wore dresses made of leaves, the skin of animals and barks of trees.
- Weapons made of bones and horns of animals, stones, and branches of trees. They discovered fire by using flint stone.
- Their food items include vegetables, fruits, roots and meat of animals. For food, they hunted animals.
OLD STONE AGES TOOLS WERE FOUND IN DIFFERENT PLACES OF INDIA
- Tamil Nadu: Vellur, Thiruvallur, Kanchipuram, Vadamadurai, Pallavaram, Athirabakkam.
- Karnataka: Pagalkhat
- Andhra Pradesh: Karnool caves, Renigunta.
- Madhya Pradesh: Pimpet Ca, Soan river bank, Mageshwa.
- Rajasthan: Luni valley.
NEOLITHIC AGE / NEW STONE AGE
- Men learned to produce food & domesticated animals like goat, cow, hen.
- ‘Dog’ was the first animal they tamed which helped them in hunting.
- They learned to polished, carved, sharp stone weapons & invented wheel and they began to use as a transportation medium.
- Copper was the first metal used by them.
- They built mud houses which were round or oval in size below the ground level and covered the roof with wooden planks.
- During this age, they practiced of burying the dead along with their tamed animals in the front side of their houses.
PLACES WHERE NEW STONE AGE WEAPONS WERE FOUND
- Tirunelveli, Thandikkudi, Pudukottai, Tiruchirapalli & Salem.
COPPER AGE / CHALCOLITHIC AGE
- At this stage, people made tools out of copper as well as small stones.
- They drew colorful pictures with geometrical patterns on the pots they used.
- Harappan culture belonged to this age.
- In this period people used iron so this was called an iron age, all the household articles and agriculture implements were made out of iron.
- They learned to melt the metal and make weapons.
- Vedic period belonged to iron age.
MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS BASED ON PREHISTORY
- The first metal used by man
- The first animal tamed by primitive man
- Old stone age people
a) Wore cotton cloths
b) Wore leaves, barks, of trees and skins of animals
c) Wore woolen clothes
- The Harappan culture belonged to
a) Paleolithic Age
b) Neolithic Age
c) Chalcolithic Age
d) Iron age
- Pimpet Ca cave is located in
a) Tamil Nadu
c) Madhya Pradesh
- Old Stone Age lasted up to
a) BC 10,000 years ago
b) BC 30,000 years ago
c) BC 20,000 years ago
- The main occupation in the New Stone Age
- The early human fossils found in India in
- The Paleolithic age in India is divided into
a) two Phases
b) three Phases
c) Five Phases
d) Eight Phases
- Which place presents the art of painting practiced by Paleolithic and Mesolithic people?
b) Belan Valley
Answers will be updated soon.